Did you know that the most unglamorous, unloved and least visited parts of any Hotel almost always holds the key to unlocking more profit?
Epsilon are independent consultants providing specialist advice to the Hotel and Hospitality sector on how to save on energy overheads. We have no affiliation to manufacturers or suppliers of equipment.
Hotels rank among the top five energy users in the built environment. A recent European Union assessment of energy conservation in Southern European Hotels revealed a potential for 25 – 30 per cent energy savings, especially in Hotels with a high annual energy consumption.
The study highlighted that energy/cost savings in these ranges are usually achievable:-
- 15 – 20 per cent for space heating*
- 5 – 30 per cent for cooling and air conditioning*
- 40 – 70 per cent for domestic hot water*
- 7 – 60 per cent for lighting*
* The exact savings potential depends upon a number of variables but the age and condition of the Hotel are important factors as well as whether the Hotel is equipped with a Pool/Spa and if laundering services are outsourced.
For example Epsilon recently completed a study which showed how 500kw of FREE cooling may be created from the WASTE heat presently being paid for and then thrown away from a Hotel energy centre. Investment costs were shown to be recovered in just 2 years.
Get in touch for a FREE no-obligation estimate of what your business might be able to save.